Thursday 25 December 2014

The Christmas Tag - Part 4

Hello everyone,

So this is it, the final instalment of the Christmas Tag (sad face). I have left the most christmassy related ones til now and am very excited to answer them. So for the last time, lets answer some questions...

Do you still believe in Father Christmas?
What do you mean do I still believe in Father Christmas? He's real! I love the hype that younger children have with their fascination about a jolly bearded guy in a red suit around Christmas. I think it is a special thing to believe when you are a child, but I do think that a lot of money is spent on it and I find it extortionate. Gone are the days for us when we left out a beer, mince pies, carrots and milk. I would still do it if I could but my dad does not approve because he thinks it a bit of a waste. And as my brother is no longer young enough to do it, I can't justify doing it myself. It's still always great to pretend for little kiddies who still believe - their innocence is so cute.

Do you prefer Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I do like both. The festive season makes me very happy. Last year's Christmas wasn't very good for me but I can already tell that this year is shaping up to be ten times better. On Christmas Eve in previous years we always used to go out for a family meal but this year we couldn't. It has made Christmas Eve less fun, but it meant I could spend half the day with my best friend. Christmas is a family time for us and I am very excited to see my cousins again this year like we did last year when they come down for the weekend. I do love opening presents on Christmas Day like everyone else - I'm just hoping that my presents for everyone else will be good too.

What time do you wake up to open your stocking on Christmas Day?
I do love my brother but I think that Christmas Day is the one day of the year where I dislike him because of the time he comes in to wake me up. I don't think that a 14 year old boy should be waking everyone up at 5am on Christmas morning. The answer would be 5am and Jake tends to set his alarm to make it known to everyone but today we didnt wake up until 6:30 which was bliss compared to every other year. I need my beauty sleep, especially on Christmas where the excitement is high that I won't sleep well anyway.

Do you dress up on Christmas Day or stay in your pyjamas?
I would love to stay in my pjs all day or a onesie, but dad is strict that we have to change out of our pjs before we can open the presents from under the tree.We stay in our pjs for stocking presents when we open them as a family then before breakfast we change. I like to dress up nicely on Christmas Day so I buy a Christmas dress each year. After Christmas dinner and other amounts of food, I like to get back into comfy clothes to nurse my food baby.

What is your typical Christmas Day like?
There is too much to write here so I'll be brief: 5-7ish is when we open stockings in my parents room. We then get dressed and ready for the day. I help mum lay and dress the table and do breakfast. From 10 our family usually arrive and we start to open the under the tree presents from 11:30. We have our starter around 1pm then open some more presents. We then eat our Christmas dinner at around 2:30 and watch the Queen's Speech at the table after saying grace. We then open the rest of our presents and have chill time where we play games and ponder over what we have been given. Then we have dessert whenever suits people best. We then watch whatever is most requested by everyone and record everything else to watch over the next few days. Family tend to go at 7-9 and then we as us 4 just chill for the rest of the evening and sleep to get strength for whatever is planned for Boxing Day.

So that was the Christmas Tag. I would like to know some of your responses if you want to let me know or if you have a blog I would recommend taking part in the tag next year. So I hope you have a lovely rest of your Christmas!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment