Monday 15 December 2014

No7 Advent Calendar - Week 2

Hello everyone,

This past weeks advent calendar has had some real lovely products which I would never have thought of trying but really love. Time for some more reviews...


8th December: No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator


Now exfoliators are something I tend to use a lot for my skincare routine. I tend to use them in the shower as part of my nighttime routine. This one is really good. I sometimes find that exfoliators can be too vigorous for my skin and cause a lot of irritation resulting in my face getting very hot and red which for the record really isn't a good look. The exfoliating beads in this product are brilliant. There are a mixture of big and small ones and they just seem to do wonders on my face. I am only going to use this once or twice a week because I don't want it to run out straight away and I don't want it to irritate my skin too much. It leaves my skin feeling new and renourished. I just really think that it's great and there is a possibility that I might buy the full size product and keep this as a travel product for when I go away.

9th December: No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Day Cream


I haven't used a good day cream in a very long time so I am very happy that I got this in the advent calendar. I think that this is so much better than a moisturiser. I use it at the end of my morning skincare routine and before I put on my makeup. It really hydrates my skin and makes it feel nourished. I wasn't sure if it would be good for me or whether or not I would have to pass it off onto mum but I don't think I can bear to part with it. Its a good travel size like a lot of the products from this advent calendar. I think that there is a lot of product in the tube and will hopefully last me a long time especially as all I use is a pea sized amount once or twice a day.

10th December: No7 Blissful Body Wash


Now I'm not really one for spending lots on a body wash; I just tend to use whatever we have in the cupboard. I think that this smelt like the Dove soaps and body washes which I do quite like as a smell as it doesn't have a specific fragrance and is therefore quite mature smelling and in some ways quite sophisticated I guess. It has a luxurious feel to it but I wouldn't say that I would buy it to pamper myself as the full size product is £7.50 and I think thats quite a lot for a body wash.

11th December: No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup Remover


As I said in my review of Benefit's They're Real eye makeup remover, I am not particularly a fan of most eye makeup removers. If they're too liquidy I tend to think that they will irritate my eyes but I think that this could be the one exception to the rule! If I go for eye makeup removers I would normally go for a creamy formula but I think that this may persuade me to trying others. It gets rid of eye makeup really easily and efficiently. I fear that it will be used up quickly though so may have to purchase the full sized product soon. I think it works well on lips too especially as I am a fan of long lasting products which tend to need to be scrubbed off. Because it is hypo-allergenic, it is great for sensitive skin like mine.

12th December: No7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner in Black


Now if you know me you will know that I really don't get on with eyeliner. I don't suit it and I can't ever get it to look right on my face. This product however has resulted in me converting to liking liquid eyeliner. This is the perfect felt tip eyeliner. Its sturdy and the product it gives off is very pigmented so you don't have to constantly reapply it. The felt tip nib is the perfect size for my eyes even though my technique still isn't great for applying it but I'm hoping that I'll improve over time. I want to get the perfect winged but subtle eyeliner one day!

13th December: No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink


I think that this is the only product out of the whole advent calendar which I already have. I am a lover of anything lip related as you all know by now. I love how hydrating and nourishing this product is. It is so easy to apply as are most lip crayons as you don't really need to prime or lip line. If you are in a rush I would definitely recommend that you use this product. The only downside to this product is the lack of pigmentation. I don't think its as good as a lot of other cheaper lip products. Because I own this already, I'm giving it to my Philosophy buddy Beth so we can talk about it all lesson.

14th December: No7 Completely Quenched Moisturising Body Lotion


The last product of this week's part of the advent calendar is a body lotion. Once I find a body lotion or moisturiser I like, I tend to stick with it. As I like one by Garnier, I don't really think I will be using this so it is one mum will be getting. I used it and it smelt similar to the body wash and was of high quality. I can imagine though that if I used it in large quantities that it may leave a residue. When I used it though it did leave my skin feeling soft and luxurious so I think it would be a nice present for someone with more mature skin so they can use it with the body wash for a bit of a pamper.

So thats is for week 2 of the No7 advent calendar. I hope you're all enjoying the mini reviews I have done of each product. It's insane that I am half way through it. I love waking up each morning and excited to see what I will be getting to use that day. Bring on week 3!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment