Sunday 7 December 2014

Most Recent MAC Purchase

Hello everyone,

When in a Cambridge a few weeks ago for a Philosophy conference, I decided to pop into MAC. There is one rule I always have to adhere to - whenever I am somewhere with a MAC I have to go and treat myself to something. In a way I am quite happy that we don't have a MAC in Bury otherwise I would be very very poor all of the time.

As its getting colder and makeup looks are changing, I did some research for some things which I would use both in winter but also in the summer if needed. And of course when I go to MAC what do I head straight for? Well take a guess then have a look...


Originally the plan was to buy a lip liner and lipstick to go together and form a good combination but when I found these products that plan went out of the window. After seeing many bloggers rave about this lip liner I just had to treat myself to it. I am excited to use it as either a lip liner with another lipstick or as a lip base on its own. The lip liner is a gorgeous wine and autumny shade and the lipstick is a vibrant shade suitable for all year round.


I just really love MAC lip products and with my growing collection I think that is obvious to most people. Every time I look on the MAC website I go straight for the lipsticks and I have a very long list of lip products on my phone which I love. I really am a lip product addict aren't I?


Impassioned is a lovely pinky coral colour which is very vibrant. I am all up for a vibrant lip so it is definitely well up my street! It isn't like the usual pinky coral, it is deep and sensuous. I have worn it a few times on different occasions - once when talking constantly for a few hours, once at school and once for dinner one day and I have to say that on all occasions it was very long lasting and nourishing. It has such a creamy formula like all the MAC lipsticks and I feel that they are always very nourishing. The pigmentation is amazing as well and you don't have to layer it up to make it opaque, it is a very quick and easy lipstick to use for a bold lip. I really think it looks good on my fair complexion but I think it would suit a variety of skin tones, especially olive skin. I also think it looks good with my blue eyes which is why I always tend to go for pinky coral shades. Finally it has a slight satin finish so it looks matte but isn't at all drying.

Beet lip liner however is something completely different! I have recently got into wearing lip liners and wanting to try a variety as a lip liner or as a lip base. I hadn't got a wine coloured one so when I heard about this I was on a mission to get it. I think lip liners are brilliant to use as they prevent the lipstick from bleeding out onto the skin. Before I use it as a base I have to apply a lip balm because it does need some moisture to blend well. It looks really good on the lips but I do find it quite drying. Because of this I then tend to apply lip balm over the top to moisturise and to prevent it from smudging and therefore making it very long lasting. Unfortunately MAC lip liners as I have found out don't sharpen very well so I use it sparingly so it doesn't need too much sharpening. I think this looks really good with burgundy or wine coloured lipsticks like the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107. I think that Beet is a brilliant name for this lip liner as it really is a beetroot like colour. I just love it so much and think it goes well with any makeup look!

So those were my recent MAC purchases. Let me know if you are as much of a MAC addict as me and let me know your favourite MAC products - especially if they're lipsticks!!

So until next time lovelies xx


No comments:

Post a Comment