Monday 29 December 2014

No7 Advent Calendar - Week 4

Hello everyone,

The time has come to draw to a close the reviews of this years No7 advent calendar. So for the last time, lets have a look at what lovely treats were available for the last 4 days of advent...


22nd December: No7 Gel-Look Shine Nail Colour in Deep Wine


My first reaction was of course "Yes another burgundy nail varnish!" I mean what else would you expect from me? Getting another to add to my collection filled me with joy and I put it on straight away. It had a really nice formula which unlike other gel nail varnishes I have tried, lasted longer than 24 hours - no chipping or peeling for 5 days. Only 2 or 3 coats were needed to build up the long-lasting, opaque colour. It looks really good with glitter over the top and with metallic colours too. I am looking forward to using this for the rest of the wintery months until pastel shades come back in again. Also, the smaller size means that it is great for travelling or to keep in a handbag to touch up any chipped edges. 10/10 from me!

23rd December: No7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil in Brown


The formula for this is the same as the black shade from last weeks review. I do however prefer the look of the brown pencil formula. I havent yet tried it without eyeshadow underneath so I'm not sure if it leaves an eyeliner mark on the eyelid like the black pencil did. I like using the brown eyeliner for a basic everyday look and for a heavy makeup look to. A great multi purpose eyeliner to have in your makeup bag, and a small-ish size means that it doesnt take up too much room. The only thing I dont quite like about it is its inability to smudge well. As a person who doesnt tend to suit black eyeliner, to get another brown one is of great use to me.

24th December: No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Night Cream


I was happy to get this after having received the day cream. I tried using the day cream in the evening before but I don't think that it worked as a night cream. I put it on before I go to bed and wake up with hydrated skin. In the Winter months, sometimes I wake up to dry skin and when applying makeup on dry skin, it goes patchy and looks awful. Using this night cream before bed and then the day cream before makeup application makes a good team for a flawless base of foundation. I don't know how good it will be for my skin in the Summer but for now it is great. The only downside is the cost of the full size face cream so when I have finished it, it is unlikely that I will be repurchasing.

25th December: No7 Stay Perfect Duo Nail Colour in Hot to Trot and Cheeky Chops


I was very excited to have an advent calendar which gave a gift on Christmas Day. When I opened it I at first thought, great a full size duo nail product. Two great shades that might complement each other and would be great to take away. Last night I decided to paint my nails in the pink shade and my ring finger in the gold shade. After painting the gold first, I loved the formula. I managed to get away with only one coat and it looks great. The pink however I was very unhappy with. It didn't go well with the gold like I wanted it to. Also, to get the colour right, thin layers were needed often. I just didn't really like the pink. Mum also didn't really like it when she tried it. The gold however goes really well with Barry M Vintage Violet. The application of this duo nail varnish is hard because you don't have much control over the brush due to the other nail varnish on the other end. I was underwhelmed that this was the last gift in the advent calendar.


So all in all this was a great advent calendar. I really loved it and I hope that it is equally as good if not better if No7 bring another one out next year. I really loved getting a new beauty or skincare product each day. Just have to wait til next year to get another! I urge you all to try No 7 products as they are really good. I know some are expensive but they are worth it, trust me!

Hope you all had good advent calendars and a great Christmas.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment