Thursday 11 December 2014

The Christmas Tag - Part 2

Hello everyone,

Here is part 2 of the Christmas Tag. A few more christmassy related questions as we are now in the second week of December. Lets let part 2 commence...

What is your favourite Christmas song?
I am a complete sucker for Christmas songs. I will start to play them in the middle of November and will have them on my iPod, my phone, the TV, the computer, the CD player - any means of technology which will allow me to play Christmas music. I have a few favourite songs which I tend to listen to repeatedly over the festive period. The more classic carol-y type ones are O Holy Night, The First Noel, O Come O come Emmanuel and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. However, you can't beat some of the more cheesy modern ones. I love Fairytale of New York, Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) and of course All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Do you have a colour scheme for the Christmas tree and what is your favourite decoration to put on the Christmas tree?
I am in charge every year for decorating the Christmas tree. If anyone tells me what to do there will be trouble!! Only more recently have I tried to do a colour scheme for the tree but because we have a lot of lovely Christmas decorations it never seems to be that brilliant. I tend to go for white and red decorations mostly because that's what we have the most of. We always have an angel on top of the tree and I always enjoy putting her on. I do need a high stool to do this though because of me being little. I do have to say though that my favourite decorations I put on the tree are some creamy coloured angels each playing a different instrument and with fluff on them. I just think they all look so cute together and I think they make the tree look cute.

Who is your favourite person to buy Christmas presents for?
I always love buying Christmas presents for everyone. I probably buy too many, just like my mum, but if you can't give someone a present at Christmas, when can you? I really love buying for my family although they tend to have everything now and so they are quite hard to buy for. My brother has very expensive taste (trust him!) so I have to find something decent on a budget for him. Phoebe and I always do each other cute presents and I enjoy finding things for her, but as we try to outdo each other each year, after a while it gets hard to find the perfect present. Teachers are fun to buy for and so are all my other friends from both school and church. I think that the highlight of my year though is buying secret santa presents for the variety of secret santas I get involved in.

Do you prefer to give presents or receive them?
As I said above, I do love giving presents; to see the expressions they get on their face can be hilarious or can be overwhelming. But last year I got the most gorgeous bracelet and I love it so much that I save it for special occasions and always wear it with pride when getting it. I could go as far as saying it's one of the best presents I ever got. But as I said, I love giving presents. I love wrapping them and going to people's houses to deliver them each year.

Do you give to charity at Christmas?
Yes! I don't think that giving to charity is something that should be bragged about. There are so many worthwhile causes and charities about which need funding, especially at this time of year. There are a few charities which I support each year though. 1) Storehouse - this is a similar organisation to Foodbank where food and toiletries are given out to people who have been highlighted by social services as needing support. I think that at this time of year when it gets colder and harder to find some work, we should support those who need food, comfort and love this Winter. 2) St Nicholas Hospice - at our annual Carols and Candles service at church, they always have a bowl where donations can be made to St Nicholas Hospice. They look after people with cancer and support their loved ones. At Christmas time, it can be both the hardest time of the year for families and also the best. It is really good to try and fund opportunities for those who need it at this time of year.

So thats part 2 done. I really enjoy answering the questions and I look forward to answering next weeks ones. Same time next week guys!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment