Thursday 18 December 2014

The Christmas Tag - Part 3

Hello everyone,

Ready for part 3...

What is your favourite Christmas film?
This one is pretty easy for me. I love Nativity! I've got the first one on DVD and will watch it all year round to make me feel ready for Christmas. I love the songs so much that I have a playlist of them all on YouTube to watch when I want to feel jolly or am in the mood for some kiddy Christmas songs. The sequel is also really good and I want to get that on DVD too so I can have a little Nativity marathon. I think this film is suitable for all ages all year round. I watched it on my birthday in February and that was a great time.

Do you have a Christmas tradition, if so what is it?
We have a few little traditions in our family. We normally go out for a meal at Frankie and Bennies but for the first time in absolutely ages we aren't doing it this year. Normally I go with my immediate family and then some others on my mum's side but because my gran can't make it this year, we aren't going to do it :( We also have weird traditions on Christmas Day. My dad buys me and my brother a tub of Ben and Jerry's each, wraps it up and puts it in the freezer which is always fun. Finally my dad has always bought me and my brother a present each and hidden it under the stairs to find. He still does it even now and we always go off sneaking to try and find it. It's no longer a surprise but who cares - its Christmas!

What was your weirdest/wackiest Christmas present?
One year I got given a pair of singing poodles which sang 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart'. I didn't really know what to make of them to be honest. If you played one on its own it'd sing a solo but if you played them together they'd sing a duet. It was great for Christmas Day but I think my parents probably got a bit sick of it after a while haha.

Do you peek at the Christmas presents under the Christmas tree?
I like to peek at some but I also love the complete element of surprise you get on Christmas Day. My dad plays Father Christmas each year and hands them out once reading the labels out which is always a funny event. As me and my brother are older now, we tend to give a smaller Christmas list and tend to get everything on it so there isn't much of a surprise element now so guessing them is more fun. But it wouldn't be Christmas in our house if you didn't try and guess whether you were being given a tub of Heroes or Celebrations.

What is your favourite thing to eat for your Christmas dinner?
Parsnips! Easy peasy question for me. I love parsnips. We only tend to have them in the Autumn/Winter months which is a shame because they are just the best veg ever. They are one vegetable that I would eat continuously until I'm full to bursting. Mum does the best parsnips by roasting them in lots of honey. They are just so sweet and are lovely with the Christmas dinner. I am a lover of Brussels sprouts and pigs in blankets too but they just aren't as good as a honey roast parsnip.

Next Thursday is Christmas Day - eeeep how exciting! I will put up the final part of the Christmas Tag sometime next week.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment