Thursday 13 August 2015

MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencils - Review

Hello everyone,

About a month ago, I popped into MAC with the intention of expanding my lipstick collection further. I wrote myself a list of potential purchases, however when I tried them, none of them looked at all good. So I had a little wander around and found the Patentpolish Lip Pencils on a stand and was immediately drawn to them. If it's not a lipstick I'm after, it's any sort of lip crayon. I swatched a few different ones before trying them on, and then before I knew it, I was at the checkout with my card in the card machine about to pay for two new Patentpolish Lip Pencils. Here are the shades which I treated myself to...


These were limited edition lip products before in MAC and I think they made a great decision by choosing to bring these back again. I just hope that they stay for a decent amount of time so I can try a majority of the colours. I chose two slightly different colours this time. Both of these have a gorgeous glossy formula so it is a change from the matte lip that I am used to. I chose a lovely nude-ish pink colour called Kittenish and a bright red-pink colour called Pleasant...


Kittenish is what I would say to be one of the most perfect nude and wearable colours. It is a great pink shade to wear during both the daytime and nighttime. With one application it looks natural whereas it can be layered up for a bolder light pink colour. I like to use this on top of MAC Soar lip liner in the evening. Even though it is a slightly different colour, I think the combination of the two are just perfect. The size of this product is also amazing for a makeup bag or for a clutch bag on a night out. I think this shade is great for all skin tones. So if you are looking for a new pinky nude shade, I would definitely recommend this.

Pleasant is the most gorgeous bright pink shade. It isn't too dark or too red which, for me and my skin tone, makes it perfect, especially for the summer. The only small problem I have with this is that it is very very glossy. I am used to having more matte and satin shades for a dark lip, but nevertheless I am prepared to work through it. I like to use this colour to brighten up my makeup look, especially during the day with minimal eyeshadow. Once again this is a great staple to have in your makeup bag or clutch bag on a night out. If you love bold colours or a glossy lip, this product is definitely for you!


I will definitely need to head back into MAC soon because I don't want to risk these going out of stock again. I have loved using these so much and definitely want to try other colours, especially something orangey. Let me know in the comments below if you have used these Patentpolish Lip Pencils before or if you might have been persuaded to want to try them. 

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment