Friday 7 August 2015

My Current Beauty Wishlist

Hello everyone,

I love making notes. On my phone there are notes, I have plenty of notebooks and, as some of you will know, I adore sticky notes. Whenever I go into a beauty store or have an online browse, undoubtedly I find many items that I don't yet own that I must own. On my phone I have many lists of these. I have a drugstore one, a high end one and a MAC one. So for this post I thought I would make yet another list of what beauty related products I am wanting at the moment...

1. Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
I am a lover of trying to contour even though my cheekbones are hidden away somewhere underneath my fat cheeks. Hoola is a favourite of all beauty bloggers'. I feel I need to get on the bandwagon with this one once again. It is a natural bronzer which for me is hard to find because of my skin tone. I think that this bronzer really is missing from my makeup collection at the moment, so we will have to see if a purchase is made soon.

2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
I got a sample of this amazing mascara free with a magazine a while back. I made my mum go to the supermarket and buy it, only for the free mascara. I had heard a lot about this mascara, and because of its beautiful plastic wand I knew that I had to have it. The sample has done me well so far, but I really feel like I am missing out on what I bet is a great mascara in the full size. I've not tried any other Benefit mascaras, but I bet that if I get this one, I will be intrigued into trying the others, especially They're Real.

3. Urban Decay Weightless Ultra Defining Liquid Makeup
I have had my makeup done at the Urban Decay counter twice now and both times I have had this gorgeous foundation used on me. Sophie, the manager of the counter, matched me to it the first time and Stephanie, a wonderful makeup artist, used it on me again recently - so thank you ladies! This foundation is so weightless you can't feel it on the skin, yet provides the most amazing coverage. I'm annoyed that high end foundations are so expensive because I want to buy them all. However, having this one applied on me twice and me falling in love with it both times, does make me think that I need to get it soon.

4. Urban Decay Eden Eyeshadow Primer Potion
When I had my makeup done both times again, the ladies at the counter used this primer on me. I loved the eyeshadow looks that they both did and the primer made it last for ages. It is a great primer that can be applied from the lash line up to the brow bone because it is matte and neutral. I have a few samples of this and know that on my next night out, I will be using this under my eyeshadow I'm sure. When they are used up though, it will be time to think about buying the full sized product...

5. Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush
I am falling more and more in love with Clinique products at the moment. I have had multiple appointments at the counter recently and this has made me want to buy the whole stock. The lovely consultant Natalia booked me in for a skin consultation last week and tried out a variety of different products on me, some of which I then went on to buy (spoiler - post on those coming soon!). She also used the Cleansing Brush on me and I have to say, that from the first time it touched my skin, I knew that I needed it in my life. The only problem though is that it is £79. I think that this is top of my wishlist right now as I want my skin to stop being so spotty so less makeup is needed to make it look good. So if anyone wants to give me the money, I would be truly thankful!

6. Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector
This was another product that Natalia used on me during my skin consultation - thanks Natalia you are amazing! One of my main skin worries is the size and appearance of the pores on my face. She recommended this product to me and after using it on my skin, my pores seemed to magically disappear and my skin became 'perfect'. I have used the Benefit Porefessional to reduce my pores, but I have to say that the Clinique alternative does wonders for my skin.

7. Nars Blush in Orgasm
Here we go, the cult classic that every beauty blogger raves on about. Three words - I need it! I have a few Nars products but not yet a blush. I swatched it in store a while back and fell in love with it, so I think this will have to be one to add to my blush collection. There are no other words to explain why this is on my wishlist really, because if you already own it, then you will agree with me I'm sure.

8. MAC 242 Shader Brush
I have seen many people use this brush for pigments and normal eyeshadows. I am always looking to increase my collection of eye brushes and I think that this one is needed in my collection. I really love flat brushes to pack on the product and MAC brushes are great. Of course any excuse to go into MAC is a good one in my opinion.

9. MAC 217 Blending Brush
This one shouldn't really be on here because its not really needed. But I would love another 217 brush. I got my current one a year ago and after many washes, the brush has started to lose its shape and softness. If it completely breaks, it will be time for a new one I think.

10. MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette x15
I would just love to expand my MAC eyeshadow collection. I would love to create a palette of 15 shades, a good mix of mattes and shimmers, perfect for both the daytime and the evening. In this palette I would love to include some of the following shades: Hair, Shroom, Handwritten, Woodwinked, Honey Lust, Bamboo, Brule, Vapour, Wedge, Gleam and Smut.

11. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow
I love my Charlotte Tilbury lipstick, but I am dying to get a few more items. One item in particular I would love to get my hands on is the Bronze and Glow duo. Not only is it the rose gold packaging that I find enticing, but a bronzer and highlighter with a mirror would be great for me; it would be perfect for travelling. And if anything, it would be the perfect item in my makeup bag to brighten it up a bit with the gorgeous packaging.

12. Smashbox Step By Step Contour Stick Trio
Yes another bronzing and contouring product, can we see a theme appearing here? I love cream contour products, especially those in stick form. Because I am quite fair, for me this product would be great because of the three different stick shades it includes. And 3 sticks for £35 is a bargain isn't it? Well even though it might not be entering my shopping basket soon, it is staying on my wishlist.

13. By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon and Frozen Quartz
I have wanted some Ombre Blackstars for a long long time. To get by, I have been using my Kiko Eyeshadow Sticks which I reviewed in my last blog post. I have been loving them, but they don't have the same gorgeous packaging as the By Terry ones. They also look a lot more creamy than the Kiko ones. These shades seem great for both a daytime and nighttime look. However, the hefty price tag is what is off putting. Maybe for a special occasion though?

14. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum
I could not write this list without mentioning this gorgeous perfume. Every single time I go into Boots or Debenhams or John Lewis or anywhere with a YSL counter, I spray this perfume onto me. I love the gorgeous scent. I have a couple of samples that live in a little box in my room and I wear it when I go out. It is a great sweet yet sensual scent that is one of my favourites. I really really want this perfume, so next time I go to get a new one, I will probably be heading back to a YSL counter.

Now I know what you're all thinking 'wow she doesn't want much does she'. And as most of you know, yes I am a bit of a beauty junkie. I love trying new products. Many of these I have had used on me during makeovers in store or I have used samples of them. Because of this, I personally feel they are all justified items because they are not impulse buys that I might not actually like. And yes I know that there is a lot on my wishlist, but a girl is allowed to dream isn't she?

Do you have a beauty wishlist? What's on yours? Let me know in the comments below because I might need to expand mine slightly aha.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment