Monday 3 August 2015

July Favourites 2015!

Hello everyone,

The weather is starting to look up again yay! In fact, I am writing this whilst sitting outside drinking a glass of Pimms - lets just hope it stays sunny for the rest of the summer holidays. I cannot believe we are now in August. July came and went so quickly. August is a really busy month for me unlike July which I made the most of as a nice break. As we have come into summer and as I have had more time on my hands, I've been experimenting with old and new things and just trying different bits and pieces. I have a few favourites this month, some beauty related, others not so much. So here is what I have been loving over the past month...


Nars Bronzer in Laguna
Many beauty lovers rave on and on about this bronzer. I bought it this time last year only really because I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and get my first Nars product - I didn't even get a colour match or anything. I went into the Space NK in Leeds and bought it on a whim. When I got home, I wasn't actually too bothered with it, but as I spent a lot of money on it (*cough £27.50 cough*) I wanted to make the most of it. It has only been this year so far really that I have used it. I use it nearly every single day. Personally, it is one of the best bronzers which I own, and as a result have no regrets buying it. For me it is great to try and contour with as well as use as a bronzer. I really recommend you buy it, however maybe speak to someone in store first to see if it is the best product for you especially if that is all the money you have at the moment.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in On and On Bronze and Creamy Beige
When I first saw these a while back, I got excited and headed straight into my local Boots store, however I did not like many of the colours so walked straight back out again. However, I saw them again recently and thought I would go back into Boots and have another look. When I saw these though I knew I had to have them in my makeup collection. I have many shades of these cram eyeshadows but it is the most recent ones which I have loved this month. I use Creamy Beige 98 as a base for all my eyeshadows. I think it is a great base which doubles up somewhat as a primer. It is great as an eyeshadow on its own or with other colours over the top. For my perfect evening eye look this summer, I love pairing it with the shade On and On Bronze 35. I know I will be continuing to use it in the upcoming Autumn months too because of the amazing metallic bronze colour it gives. These are so blendable and great for both daytime and evening looks. They are also a steal at £4.99, especially when they are on 3 for 2 in Boots or Superdrug and you can get 3 for under £10.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
I have gone on and on about this mascara to so many of my friends over the past month, so it goes without saying that it is definitely one of my July faves. I reviewed it really recently so if you want to have a read in detail about what I think of it, head over to that blog post HERE. But basically, if you haven't got it or tried it, try it and you will most probably fall in love with it just like I did!

MAC Lipsticks in Chatterbox and Vegas Volt
I love lipsticks as many of you know, especially MAC ones. My collection increases each time I go into a MAC store. These are definitely two of my most used ones and think that they are just so perfect for the summer. They both have an Amplified finished, meaning the pigmentation is amazing but they are so nourishing for the lips, so there is no dryness like I get from the Retro Matte finishes. Chatterbox is the most beautiful bright but not so bright pink shade. I bought it for my May Ball event for my sixth form last year. It goes well with every single makeup look and can easily be dulled down to be a nude with a smokey eye or to be a bold statement lip. Vegas Volt is one of the only orange shades that MAC do that suits my skin tone. I bought this at the same time I got Nars Laguna last year and think they are great together to form a bronzey summer look. As these lipsticks are both so nourishing for the lips, it helps keep them hydrated, even in the heat of the summer. If you want to start experimenting with bold lips, I think the Amplified finished is the best and these colours are a great transition.

Only Imagine Perfume from Avon
This has gorgeous packaging for starters! I have always loved this smell and have waited for ages and ages to purchase it. I bought a handbag sized one which I have used sparingly and have recently come to the end of it. Because of this, I knew it was time to invest in and upgrade to the bigger size. I always had the smaller size in my school bag and on many occasions did some people from my Philosophy class want to use it. It is the perfect summer fragrance in my opinion - it is very fruity, especially with the scents of summer berries. Its great for the daytime and evening, so I would be inclined to wear it more often than some of my other more expensive perfumes sometimes.

Tangle Teezer
The classic! I got a Tangle Teezer in my stocking at Christmas because, once again, I wanted to jump on the beauty bandwagon. I bought it and loved using it, but only when my hair was dry and without tangles. So yes, I had a problem with it. However, in the summer months, since my hair has got shorter and more manageable, it is easier for me to use. I have got used to using it on wet hair also. I now always carry it in my handbag as a staple, as you don't know when you can get caught in the wind just before meeting someone. I am looking to maybe purchase a compact one and also a salon sized one in the future, so any opinions on those send them my way please.

John Freida Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner
In our house due to us having a lot of Avon products, we don't look at many other toiletries; this includes shampoos and conditioners, as to us we haven't really been able to find anything better for the price we pay. However, the other week, mum came home with this shampoo. Now anything that promises me that my hair will become blonder I am a sucker for. I have used this everyday for the past fortnight or so, and I have to say, I love this conditioner! It doesn't make my hair greasy. It nourishes my hair and kept it healthy by reducing breakage. However, what I don't love so much is its hefty price tag. Because of this, I think I will only be repurchasing on special occasions. But this still doesn't mean that I didn't love it, because trust me I did. So if anyone wants to give me some then I would appreciate it, thanks ;)

X by Ed Sheeran
Now this was my album of the summer last year, I listened to it nearly everyday and loved it so much. I then stopped listening to it for ages and around exams this year, I fell in love with it all over again. It has so many memories, both new and old, associated with it so whenever I listen to it, I remember various things, such as car journey singalongs with some of my friends. I am absolutely loving Photograph; I always liked this song but I now listen to it constantly whilst I'm writing blog posts or getting ready. I also really like The Man at the moment, to me it seems like a love letter and think that it is just so lovely yet somewhat sad at the same time. And finally two songs I will always adore on the album are All Of The Stars and Afire Love. They are so perfect and yeah, no words can describe them really. If you haven't got this album, I wonder how you have got through life without it because it really is fab - well done Ed, you made a masterpiece!

About Time
This is one of my favourite films ever. I always watch it when it is on Sky Movies and when nothing else is on. For me it is one of those films which you will never get bored of. I love the storyline and the acting is phenomenal. It has the most amazing mix and balance of romance and comedy, hence making it, in my opinion, one of the best romcoms out there. I watched it the other night with my mum and we had a good laugh. I just really like this, and recommend it to you if you want a good laugh or a good blubber.


So that is what I have been loving over the month of July. To be honest, there were a lot more items I wanted to include but this blog post would be never ending otherwise. Let me know what you have been loving over the past month as I am always looking to try new things. Also, do you like monthly faves posts? If so let me know and I'll do some more in the future as I love to look back over the past month and reflect on what I have been loving.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment