Monday 10 August 2015

No7 BB Lips and Free Gift

Hello everyone,

Sorry there was no blog post last night and sorry that this one is so late up. I have had a very hectic few days. Anyway, when I went into town with my Nanny the other week, she treated me to a few lovely bits from the No7 counter in Boots. I was intrigued at the BB Lips products, and with them being lip products, I knew I had to get them. Here are the colours which I got...


These products have 3 key properties which are what attracted me to them. Firstly, they have a really nourishing formula. They are so lovely and easy to wear on the lips. Secondly, they have UV protection. It is great to find a good lip product that will protect your lips from the sun. Thirdly, they have the most amazing pigmentation and colour! I consider these to be a lip balm and they are amazing. When I wear a lip balm or lip gloss, they usually don't have very good pigmentation or properties, however these are off the scale. They are amazing and I would definitely recommend them. I chose two shades of these however at the counter I tried four on to find which I liked the best. Here are some swatches of the two gorgeous lip products I have added to my collection...


I chose two summery and bold colours which I thought would be great for the Summer months. The first shade I chose was Blink Pink. It is a really lovely baby/light pink shade. It is a great shade to wear in the daytime. It is good with both natural and heavy makeup. It is good to use it minimally for a natural 'your lips but better' look or layer it up for a more bold and intense lip colour. The other shade I chose was Geranium. When I first saw it, even before it was swatched, I knew it would be one I had to get. It is so so pigmented, even more so than Blink Pink. It is a really good lip colour for daytime and nighttime makeup looks. It is a great product for a bold lip that keeps the lips hydrated and will stay there for a decent amount of time before having to reapply. I would really recommend these lip balm or lip gloss alternatives. And for £9 each, they are a steal, especially when No7 has £3 off their cosmetics.

When I got these from the store, there was a promotion on because No7 are celebrating their 80th birthday at the moment. It stated that if you bought two or more cosmetic products, then you would be able to get a free gift set. And if you know me, then you know I am a sucker for a gift set. Here is what was included in the lovely set...


I got another mini mascara in this gift set like I got in my No7 Advent Calendar at Christmas. I really like this mascara so another mini is great for me to save in my spare makeup drawer. I will probably take this away with me when I go on holiday in a few weeks. Also in this gift set was a mini highlighter. I got the same highlighter as I got in the No7 Advent Calendar at Christmas. I have nearly finished the one I got at Christmas, so another one has definitely come at a good time. The third gift was a gorgeous deep and glittery purple eyeshadow. It is a great shade to use in the crease and outer corner of the eye. I would definitely use it more on a night out but nonetheless I will definitely get a lot of use out of it.

However, when you thought that was it, there was a golden ticket inside the gift. No7 have been offering a free full sized lipstick of your choice to those with a golden ticket. Because of this, I knew I had to get the free gift. When I had my makeup done last week for my night out, I decided to redeem my voucher and get my free lipstick. I have got more and more into bold colours this summer than any summers before. Because of this, I knew I had to go for something bold and something I didn't have in my collection already. Most of you will be thinking, 'is this possible? she owns every colour under the sun already'. I found the most gorgeous red shade with a hint of orange. It was in the shade Brick Red which was colour matched to my light skin tone of Calico.

I love all of these products which I got from No7. The free gift is so amazing that I would definitely encourage you to get it if you are going near a Boots store soon. Also, with No7 having £3 off their cosmetics at the moment, then it is even more of a bargain. If you were to redeem the voucher, I would love to know in the comments below what shade you would treat yourself to.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment