Tuesday 8 December 2015

No7 Beauty Advent Calendar 2015 - Week 1

Hello everyone,

Yes I know I promised I'd be blogging again regularly and I'm sorry that it hasnt been the case. However, December is now upon us which can only mean one thing - it's time to get festive! And now I promise you that there will be more uploads over this festive period once I've done my 2000 word essays that are due before Christmas.


So I thought, what better way to end my blogging hiatus than with reviews of my advent calendar. I absolutely loved the No7 advent calendar last year and so was desperate for one when they were released again this year. Here begins week 1...


Day 1: Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Day Cream
Now this year I have been really big on skincare items and have loved branching out across brands and trying a variety of items. There were miniature face creams in the advent calendar last year and so to get another one this year has been really good. I love No7 for their skincare and to have a small face cream is really good for when you're travelling or for putting in an overnight bag. This face cream works wonders on your skin. I would say however that it is suited to more older skin, but there is nothing wrong with looking after your skin when you're young.

Day 2: Beautiful Skin Blissful Body Wash
I remember getting a body wash last year and my mum stealing it, however this year that won't be happening! It is such a creamy body wash that is nourishing on the skin and helps to fill it with moisture. It has such a neutral yet lovely smell, as do all things pretty much from No7. I don't think I would purchase it in the full size as, personally, I think it is quite expensive. However, there is nothing wrong with having a selection of miniatures for when you are going away, and so this will definitely be going in my cupboard or straight in my shower - either way, its not getting into the hands of my mum!

Day 3: Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer
I have been so excited to get this in the advent calendar. Now some of you will remember that Boots sent me some free No7 items in the post over the Spring/Summer time and a full sized version of this primer was one of them. Now it's lasted me a long time even though I have used it nearly everyday, but I have just about come to the end so to get another one, even though it is only a miniature, has been a lifesaver! I wont have to repurchase it just yet now :) One of my uni friends also loves this so trying to keep this away from her will be a task (yes we all know its you Demi!).

Day 4: Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator
Once again, there was another reappearance from a favourite item of mine from last year's advent calendar. I loved this exfoliator that No7 do. It only has small exfoliating beads  which means it is less harsh on the skin which, for young skin especially, is good. I think this is such a generous sample size that really does last for a number of days. Rediscovering it again this year has made me want to buy the full size version. So watch out Boots, Beth might be making an appearance soon to do some serious shopping.

Day 5: Shine and Tint in Seduce
I had thought that by day 4 we would have a makeup item make an appearance, but unfortunately not. However, day 5 did not disappoint! Behind the door was a miniature of a lovely fuchsia looking lip gloss. When it was applied however, it looked a lot more berry toned. It is a really lovely colour, especially for the festive season. It can be worn dulled down in the daytime or can be layered up for a bold nighttime look. Miniature lip glosses are really good to have as they are great to take in a clutch on a night out as they save a lot of space.

Day 6: Stay Perfect Eye Shadow from Forest Fruits Trio
I was a bit disappointed with day 6's treat. Earlier on in the year, No7 gave away a small gift set to celebrate their 80th Birthday. This eyeshadow was in there. If you are an avid No7 fan, like me, it is more than likely that you will receive duplicates and so I was prepared to receive some duplicates in the advent calendar this year. It was just a shame for it to be a beauty item so early on in the calendar. Now I am doing the same as last year with my duplicates and dislikes, so Beth, it's on its way to you when I see you next week! I'm not saying I dont like this eyeshadow, because trust me I love it, I was just somewhat disappointed that it was a duplicate for me.

Day 7: Gel Finish Nail Colour in Red
The final item in the first week was a gorgeous Gel Finish Nail Varnish in the shade 'Red'. It is such a wonderful festive colour that I know will have a lot of usage at this time of year, whether this be from me or my mum. The gel nail varnish I got last year was great so I cannot wait to try this one. The miniature nail varnishes are a perfect size to pack in a travel bag and are just very easy to carry around. Don't be deceived however about their small size because they are full of product so they will not run out too quickly I promise. This colour would also look lovely with a glitter on top, so when I decide on the colour of my nails for Christmas, I think this will be a contender.

So that's what I got in my advent calendar for the first week of December. I have two questions for you this week. Firstly, what advent calendars have you got this year, are they beauty related, are they chocolate, are they anything else exciting? Secondly, do you like the idea of me reviewing my advent calendar again this year?

I hope you've had a wonderful start to December. Only 17 days til Christmas now guys!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment