Tuesday 29 December 2015

No7 Beauty Advent Calendar 2015 - Final Week

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you have all had a great time over the festive period - I certainly have! This is the final part of my No7 advent calendar round up. I have decided to put together weeks 3 and 4 because there was only a certain number of doors left to open. I didn't want to drag this out for an extra week and so thought you might like to have a long blog post to read for once from me. So make yourself a cuppa and here we go for the final time with the advent calendar...


Day 15: High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink
I'm pretty sure a similar colour of this was in last years advent calendar. The miniatures of these are really good sizes which are great to put in any makeup bag and especially a clutch bag on a night out. This is a lovely pink colour which leaves a glossy and sheer effect on the lips. It is not at all overpowering or too bold. In fact, it is the perfect day time shade for all year round, or is something perfect to pair with a dark smokey eye on a night out.

Day 16: Nail Effects in Sun Rays
During the Winter months and the festive period I love painting my nails with darker toned colours, whether they be berries, purples, blues, greens, greys etc. However, what makes these more interesting and somewhat festive I feel is by adding an glittery effect. As a nail biter (I know, shoot me!), I think it makes the nails look a lot nicer and brighter, hence I see that these effects make the nails look longer. I haven't yet used this, but I really look forward to pairing this golden glitter with a gorgeous purpley-burgundy shade.

Day 17: Youthful Eye Serum
A miniature of this eye serum was in last years calendar. I also received this from Boots as a free gift when they sent me a variety of No7 products in the middle of this year. I am thrilled to get another of these. Although many may be thinking that you don't need an eye serum with young skin, I disagree. I personally feel that it is a good thing to use in your skincare routine because it helps reduce wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles, hence making the eyes look younger and cared for.

Day 18: Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil in Black
This was the third eyeliner in the advent calendar, however I am not one to argue against this. This was another of the smaller sized eyeliners, this time in the shade black. It has the same formula as the others do which have been in the advent calendar. They have a pencil application but with a gel-like finish which is really nice to have in an eyeliner. It is an intense black which is something you don't often get in a pencil eyeliner, however is is also good for smudging, meaning it looks great for both a classy daytime eye look and a deep smokey eye, perfect for a night out.

Day 19: Stay Perfect Eyeshadow from Moonlight Shadow Duo
I love this eyeshadow! I am always on the look out for eyeshadows which are plain and neutral enough to be worn with other colours but also can be worn on their own. This is a light brown shade with grey undertones, which for my skin tone is perfect. I have to say, it also looks good with my blonde hair and blue-grey coloured eyes. It has a small amount of shimmer but is not at all overpowering. I would wear this on a 'no makeup' makeup day or as a base for a neutral eye for both the daytime and the nighttime.

Day 20: Eye Lash Curler
Oh my goodness, have you seen this!? I love the No7 eyelash curlers. Before I got this, I was on my second pair of the silver ones. However, once I got this, I gave those to my mum and kept these gorgeous gold ones for myself and added them immediately to my collection. I love the No7 eyelash curlers. Even though they are somewhat more expensive than other drugstore brands, I find these really durable. They do not wear down quickly like others I have previously tried, and they constantly produce a lovely curl. When paired with any of the No7 mascaras, my eyelashes never fail to look flawless!

Day 21: Extravagant Volume Waterproof Mascara
Leading on from the last review, this mascara is great. When I found out that I would be getting some more No7 mascaras to add to my collection I was thrilled. I especially love finding a new and worthwhile waterproof mascara. The two which I have previously tried have been either fairly drying or very wet on the lashes when applying. However, this mascara is the golden mean of the two extremes. It makes the lashes volumised and lengthened - just what I want in a mascara!

Day 22: Smokey Eye Brush
Now as many people know, I am a makeup brush collector. Last year, there were two brushes in the advent calendar, however one cannot complain at a new brush to be added to the collection. It is a nice brush which, as its name suggests, is perfect for a smokey eye. It is somewhat small and is suited to detail when applying eyeshadow. I think it is good for applying pigments or applying darker shades in the crease. I dont think I would use this brush on a day-to-day basis, but it will definitely get some use when doing more original eyeshadow looks, especially for a night out.

Day 23: Beautiful Skin Eye Make Up Remover
I got this product last year as well and I loved it. When I got it again this year, I decided that because I love it so much, I would purchase the full size. It is a great dual action remover which means that it conditions whilst it cleanses. This is also perfect now I have the waterproof mascara as it works wonders with them. It is a great item to have in a skincare routine, especially when you can use the £5 off vouchers that Boots constantly have, meaning you can get a great eye makeup remover (which actually works!) for only £3.50.

Day 24: Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Night Cream
As I said when I got the day cream, I love getting new creams for my skincare routine. This was also in last years calendar, however I think it was a different formulation with a different name too. These miniatures are great sizes to have in an overnight or travel bag. With the amount of hydration it provides, only a small amount is needed. I pair this with the eye serum after using the eye makeup remover before I go to bed if I feel like using a purely No7 based evening skincare routine.

Day 25: Lovely Lashes Mascara
The final item in the calendar this year was another full sized mascara. Firstly, I just want to point out the gorgeous, purple, metallic packaging which encases the mascara. It is so appealing to the eye and looks great next to the gold eyelash curlers. However, I am not as impressed with this mascara as I was with the waterproof one which came previously in this advent calendar. The mascara wand is not one which I am keen on and with the wet formula, it can be difficult to use. I think that this only gives a good look for daytime lashes; I would not use this if I was going out. However, I think I will be keeping this in the makeup bag in my handbag as it is a good mascara which can be used as a top up throughout the day.

So there we go. Another No7 advent calendar, another 25 items and another 25 mini reviews. I think this years advent calendar is better than last years - so well done No7! I definitely have got lots of use out of most of the items, and those which I haven't have been passed onto others who I know will. I hope you have enjoyed reading these reviews and I hope they have given an insight into what each product is like so it might help some of you decide what to buy from No7 before wasting your money on something which might not be good for you.

I hope you have all had a great Christmas and I will be back very soon with some more exciting Christmas related blog posts.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment