Thursday 31 December 2015

Looking Back and Looking Forward (again)

Hello everyone,

Well done for making it to the end of another year. This year has been a lot better than last year and because of this, I have decided to answer the same questions as I did last year to end VeryBeth's posts for 2014. You can read this here to see how 2014 has compared to 2015.  So here are the answers for this year...

1. If you had to describe your 2015 in 3 words what would they be?
Better than 2014 - This was the year that Beth managed to man up a bit and put herself first. This was the year where I realised that I didn't need boys or other people to get me to where I wanted to be. Although there are some things which didn't go according to plan, I have actually had a really good year - it's shaped me to be a better person all in all.
2. Which new skills have you learnt?
Last year I learnt to crochet, this year I haven't really learnt anything. I think that the skill which I have progressed is independence. I have learnt how to be happy with myself and happy with my life as it is. 
3. Which purchase turned out to be your best decision ever?
Once again this is a tough one to answer. I haven't really bought much which has been overly important. There have been some new beauty additions (of course!) which I love and use regularly, but nothing of too much importance. 
4. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2015?
To be my own person. I have learnt to make my own decisions for my own good. I have learnt that I need to put myself first in any decisions I make and to make sure that I achieve as much happiness as I can as that is what I deserve.
5. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
Once again, I think my people skills have been my best quality, or at least the most helpful. Since being at uni, I have definitely been given the role of 'mum of the floor' so there are many situations where my people skills have come in pretty handy. I love talking to people and attempting to help resolve any problems which they may have, and no doubt this has happened multiple times with my flat mates. 
6. Did any parts of yourself or your life do a complete 180 this year?
Not in particular to be honest. There have been a few ups and downs, but whats new there? I have attempted to keep my life on track for the good of things and this has definitely happened to an extent. For once it has been pretty smooth sailing!
7. What was the best gift you received this year?
I have received lots of lovely gifts this year from family and friends. I think the best gifts I have received have been a variety of nice new beauty items. For my 18th Birthday, my beautiful girlies got me a bottle of Cava and the Naked 2 palette - two of my favourite things in the world, booze and beauty! My parents have also got me some lovely new beauty bits. This Christmas especially I have been spoilt. I got some lovely makeup and skincare bits and bobs. 
8. If you had to go back and tell yourself one thing what would it be?
Hmm this is tricky. I think it would be to make the most of what you already have and dont take it for granted. I have so much love for my family and friends. I think starting university has been the making of me and has made me feel grateful for all I already have. I miss my family and friends dearly when I am away in Leeds, but because of this, it makes time spent with them better when I see them again. I miss my girls dearly when I'm so far away from them all, however our group skype calls make everything better.
9. What do you need to remember for 2016?
To be thankful for everything I already have and to not be greedy in wanting more. I have all I need in life and I am happy and healthy, meaning I should not ask for wants, but rather be thankful for my needs. 
10. Did you achieve your New Year Resolutions?
Haha nope! But there's always next year...

1. What is your main goal for this year?
To do well in my studies. For me, I would rather be a studious person at university as I really cannot be bothered with the night life too much. Oh and to watch the rest of Geordie Shore!
2. Who do you want to spend more time with in 2016?
I want to spend more time with a variety of friends. I have made quite a few friends already at uni but I would like to strengthen these further. However I want to also strengthen and maintain the original friendships which I already have.
3. What new skill do you want to learn?
I don't particularly have any new skills that I want to gain or learn. I would like to improve my singing and musical talent a bit more. I would quite like to learn how to play guitar if I am able to. It is a skill I have always wanted to improve on since learning it when I was a lot younger. I might ask for a guitar for my birthday so then I can be able to practise my singing a bit more.
4. What habits do you want to change this year?
This one is the same as last year. I still bite my nails. Stress and anxiety has been the main factor for me biting them and I haven't yet overcome this, however there is always 2016. 
5. How do you want to remember 2016 when you look back on it in 10 years time?
I would really like 2016 to be the year where people acknowledge me for the good that has shown. I would like it to be a good end of my teenage years and to complete everything I've always wanted to before I turn 20. Just like last year too, I want this to be the year where Beth smiles and doesn't stress about small things.
6. Which personal quality do you want to develop?
I would really like to be able to develop my self-confidence a bit more again. I often get worried about other people and their opinions, however I have started to get a bit better at this. I just think that it would help me get through university and just my plain old life if I put myself and my opinions first without caring about anyone elses. 
7. How are you going to become more organised this year?
I would like to make sure that I don't always leave things to the last minute. I have done this a few times since starting uni and, although it hasn't always been too bad, I don't want it to become a habit. With potential new commitments also, it is likely I need to be able to be more organised in myself and my life and with time management.
8. What risks are you going to take this year?
Haha, I'm not really one for risk taking. I just like to take life as it comes. Lets just see what this next year brings eh and we'll take it from there...
9. What is one think that you need to take more control over in 2016?
In 2016 I would love to be able to take control over my makeup obsession haha! To be fair I've been pretty good this past few months because of not having as much money and having to live off what I have and not having food bought for me anymore. I would like to use all my makeup up before buying more. However, if there is a new MAC lipstick I like the look of, I can't say that I won't be making a purchase!
10. What are your New Year Resolutions?
I would like to get fitter and lose a few pounds. I have definitely put some on over Christmas so it would be nice to lose them, especially the ones that have been put on after eating a lot of Christmas pudding and Christmas cake.

So thats my reflections on 2015 and hopes for 2016 in a nutshell. I am excited about what is coming up in 2016 for VeryBeth. I am hoping to do a lot better with writing blog posts and getting a lot more organised for all of you dear readers. I have really appreciated all of the support I have had for my blog this year. Thank you to all of you loyal readers, whether you are new to VeryBeth or have been reading from the start. 

Have a great night everyone! Stay safe, don't get too hungover, and make the last night of 2015 one to remember.

So until 2016 lovelies xx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment