Sunday 30 November 2014

Something A Bit Different - The Autumn Tag

Hello Everyone,

So I have been recently looking at other people's blogs looking for ideas and inspiration for blog posts. I found one called 'The Autumn Tag' and of course what better time to complete this as Autumn is drawing to a close and Winter is about to cast itself upon us (I know, its December tomorrow!!). There are a right mixture of questions ranging from beauty to lifestyle. I thought I would do this tag so you can all get to know me a bit better. So lets begin...

Favourite thing about Autumn?
Autumn is probably my least favourite season of the four but there are some very special things about Autumn. I really love going on walks in the day and in the evening whether this be on my own or with friends/family. It makes me feel like I'm in a movie and in my own little world. Both so significant but so small at the same time. Leaves falling off the trees in a variety of different shades is what makes the walks the best for me. Walking through wet or dry leaves in boots makes me feel like a child again.

Favourite drink?
Well I will drink a very weak cup of tea any day all year round and my tea obsession increases a lot in Autumn. I also tend to drink more glasses of milk because I think they help refresh and cleanse the body. It is hard to keep hydrated in the winter and I think milk really helps with that. I always look out for the christmas drinks at Starbucks and Costa each year to find my favourite. This years favourite for me is the Costa Sticky Toffee Latte. I also really like the Peppermint Chocolate Cooler from Starbucks. This was in their christmas range last year but you can get it all year round which makes me very excited. Alcohol wise, my favourite drinks have to be Bucks Fizz on christmas day and of course warm mulled wine. Mum and I are obsessed with it and I love to drink it during the Winter months to feel warm and festive. I wish it was acceptable to drink it all year round.

Favourite scent/candle?
This is a pretty easy one for me I think. I don't like spicy scents like cinnamon and because most christmas candles tend to have this scent I found it hard to find the perfect candle for me. But a few years ago I found the Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie candle range and I have to have it burning at christmas. It reminds me of past christmases when I light it and it makes me look forward to christmases to come. Each year we buy mum the massive candle jar for her birthday to burn in the kitchen and I love it so much I want to steal it. It is so sweet but not sickly and I just love it so much!

Best lipstick?
No I didn't add this question in for me! But goodness this is a hard one to answer. If I think about what my go to lipstick is in the Winter months it has got to be the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107. It is the perfect Autumn/Winter shade which stays for ages and has a perfect matte finish but moisturises the lips. Also at £5.49 it is a steal not to buy it!

Go to moisturiser?
I have such a variety of moisturisers which I use in the Autumn/Winter months. I will ale sure that my face is moisturised and hydrated before I put any makeup on it. If my face is dry then it throws my makeup look off. I tend to use either Avon’s Rich Moisture face cream which constantly nourishes my skin and is a great moisturiser to use which isn’t that expensive either. If I don’t use this however, I will go to one of two higher end moisturisers. I really like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ as it is really hydrating. I need two pumps maximum to make my skin feel fully hydrated. It is the perfect moisturiser to use for both daytime and nightime skincare. My other high end pick is Benefit’s Triple Performing Facial Emulsion. I love the bottle for this and think that the quality of the moisturiser is my favourite by far. I do however need a substantial amount for it to fully hydrate my skin but I would definitely recommend it.

Go to colour for the eyes?
Well for me this is an easy one. I am a sucker for everything burgundy as most of you probably know so burgundy is always an autumnal option for the eyes whether it’s for a daytime or evening look. However, you have to work with it well otherwise you can look like you have just come out of a punch-up. I tend to use burgundy shades with either bronze and champagne like colours to highlight the eyes and make them look more awake or I will use burgundy with brown and beige shades for a more sultry look which can be for either daytime or evening looks.

Favourite music to listen to?
Well in our house we start to get ready for christmas at the beginning of November so we tend to have christmas music on from then. But when I go out walking with my headphones in or am in the mood for some music, I will put on something with meaning and with a slower melody as I guess this is the time where I do a lot of my thinking and contemplating life and all the good and bad that occurs within it. If I am going to a party or whatever then my music taste changes and I go for Top 40, Indie, Party Trash kind of music. So basically I will probably love whatever comes on next on my iPod shuffle.

Autumn treat?
Well my idea of a nice treat is of course a shopping trip. I love to try new things and especially buy them. I will tend to buy something I already have plenty of, for example dark and matte lipsticks! I love going shopping with my gran when I haven’t spent time with her for a while and she tends to buy me a few new items of clothing for school. This pretty much always includes a jumper and in the Autumn/Winter months, who can turn down a jumper? I tend to feel the cold and the idea of a new jumper to add to my collection excites me immensely.

Favourite place to be?
My favourite place to be in the cold, dark, wintery, autumnal months of course has to be my bed. There are little places where I like to visit in the autumnal months but I just don’t think that anywhere can beat my bed. I love getting in from school, having a shower, getting into my pyjamas, getting into bed and having a cup of tea. The only downside to this is that once I’m in bed, I don’t want to leave.

So these are my answers to ‘The Autumn Tag’. If you have a blog please answer these questions. It can bring a time of reflection over the lovely Autumn we’ve had as we enter Winter.

After many exciting things coming up in December and recently trying new products and rediscovering old ones, I have so many blog posts planned. Because of this, I have decided to upload a lot more recently in December. I can’t promise that there will be a new post everyday but I will try and do what I can to post regularly. So keep your eyes peeled for these. It's beginning to look a lot like christmas so who's excited?!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment