Sunday 16 November 2014

Autumnal Perfume Favourites - Avon

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the lack of blog posts this week again. I think that for now it may only be one a week but if you're lucky, you may be treated to a few more.

As we are nearing winter and the seasonal festivities, I thought that I would begin to do some of my favourite products which I love in the Autumn/Winter months. So this week it is perfume and where better to get affordable perfumes from than Avon. So I have chosen my top 5 Avon perfumes for this time of year...

 Left to right: Rare Diamonds, Far Away Bella, Little Black Dress, Far Away, Christian Lacroix Ambre

All of these perfumes are of good quality and range from £7.50-£20 when at full price. So to start us off, the newest find in my collection, Christian Lacroix Ambre...


This is one of Avon's newest perfume launches. This is a scent that both my mum and I really like wearing. Because of this people may think that I go round smelling like older women but actually I think this scent really suits all ages. It has a citrus but caramel-y tone which really reminds me of events like bonfire night and everything which goes with them like toffee apples and mulled wine at Christmas. When wearing it, I feel sophisticated and very woman like. I just also love the bottle. I think its the perfect autumnal bottle. The only downside to it is that the bottle is very heavy, so if you want to keep in in your handbag prepare to have a very heavy handbag! This is one of Avon's most expensive perfumes which they have  at £20 so it is pricey for them, but I definitely think its worth it for a really nice sophisticated and autumnal perfume.

Next up are two perfumes which can be bought in a 50ml size or the travel size of 30ml which I have. These are Far Away and Little Black Dress...


This perfume is one that I have wanted for ages but when I bought it, I was very apprehensive of the scent. It is definitely an acquired scent and I would say that it is more for the older woman than for someone my age so it may be one to purchase for your mum or nan for Christmas. But when I wear it, I do get compliments so it can't be too bad can it? It has a smell of chai which I strongly associate with this time of year which is why I like it I guess. It also has a hint of musk. The 50ml bottle is beautiful but I think that the travel size bottles are very good because they are small and light enough to carry in your handbag, but not too small that you have to keep repurchasing one all the time.


Little Black Dress however I would have to say is my all time favourite Avon perfume, especially for this time of year. It is more of an evening out scent which yes you would probably wear with a little black dress. This has been out for years but it is so popular from Avon customers and I go back to it time and time again when I want a classic scent to wear to school, on a night out or even just to Tesco. It has an oriental fragrance which is very sophisticated and like Far Away has a musk scent too. It has many floral undertones too like jasmine, gardenia and honeysuckle which make it easy to wear all year round. I have bought this as a gift for many friends, teachers and family members and everyone seems to love it.

Both of these travel sizes cost £7.50 full price but are always on offer. The 50ml size of Far Away costs £13 full price and so does Little Black Dress.

The next of my favourite perfumes is Far Away Bella...


This is a very fruity scent which I enjoy wearing more in the day than in the evening. It has the fruity scent of citrus fruits with floral undertones of magnolia. I would say that this fragrance is more suited to younger people like teenagers and young adults rather than adults in general because the scent isn't as sophisticated as many other Avon perfumes. I think this bottle is very unique and very easy to hold. It is also lightweight and a good staple to have in your handbag. This perfume costs £13 for 50ml but if you want to try it, you can buy a purse spray suitable for a clutch bag or a smaller size of 15ml for £6. 

The final perfume I love and have repurchased very recently is Rare Diamonds...


This perfume is another one of mine and my mum's favourites. It has a very rich scent of blossom and orchid. I like to wear this on a special daytime occasion or when going out in the evening. I think it is quite sensual and romantic and think that it makes every outfit complete. Many people say this is a floral fragrance but I think it has more of a fresh but amber like scent. I absolutely love this bottle but I think it can be a bit tacky with the diamond. It is also heavy so I wouldn't personally carry it around in my handbag. This perfume at 50ml also costs £13 which I think it a really good price for a special occasion perfume.

So those were my favourite perfumes for this time of year. I think it Avon perfumes last well throughout the day and night and there is definitely a different fragrance for everyone and there will be something for everyone. Every girl loves a perfume and if you're looking to buy one for a special someone, I would definitely look at the Avon ones, especially if you can't afford more high-end perfumes.

Let me know if you've tried any Avon perfumes and what your other favourite perfumes are.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment