Sunday 9 November 2014

Avon Product Of The Month - October 2014

Hello everyone,

I have decided that as an Avon Representative who tends to spend too much of her earnings on Avon products, it would be fun to review my favourite product of the month. And what better way to start than with a lipstick!

So here’s my Avon product of this month: Ultra Colour Matte Lipstick in Matte Mauve…



I find that the packaging for most of Avon lipsticks all look high-end and sophisticated. Avon's lipstick packaging tends to remind me of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. The black packaging makes them look chic and classy. With the Ultra Colour lipsticks, I do understand that they aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing of lipsticks and if you tend to buy lipsticks because of their packaging, this wouldn’t be one to go for. But when you see the True Colour Technology of the product, it has one of the best pigments and colour matches possible.



The main reason I am really loving this product at the moment is that because of the Autumn/Winter months, it means that darker and matte shades are very in. Sometimes it is not acceptable to wear too dark colours, for example at school, or you may not feel very confident in wearing what tends to be known as a ‘statement lipstick’ and so this lipstick is the perfect inbetween shade. It is dark and matte enough to be pulled off in the Autumn/Winter months, but it isn’t too bold that you may feel uncomfortable etc.



With Avon’s True Colour Technology, it means that the colour you see in the lipstick is the same that will appear on the lips and I can guarantee that by having a lot of Avon lipsticks, that this therefore is the case. This red-ish purple colour I wouldn’t personally call mauve. I bought it because of the swatch, not the name. I would have thought it would be a lot more purple which would definitely not be something I would wear on a day to day basis. But the formula of this is certainly one I would wear each day, and in fact I am wearing it daily at the moment!

It isn’t the most matte lipstick which I own from Avon, but it is definitely up there. It is very moisturising and I really enjoy wearing it on my lips. After a while you do have to reapply it to make sure you don’t lose the colour, but the same has to be done with any lipstick whether it be matte or glossy, drugstore or high end.

It is what I would call a cheap-ish lipstick. Costing £7.50, it isn’t exactly going to burn a massive hole in your purse, but it is still expensive enough to get a really good quality lipstick. All of Avon’s lipstick tend to cost this but I would definitely recommend buying them if you are able too. Also, the variety of shades of lipstick which Avon has is phenomenal; there is definitely something for everyone!

So that was my Avon product of the month. I really love Avon products and I can tell that many will probably be featured in the blog whether it be monthly or possibly fortnightly. I’m not making any promises but if I’m loving a product, I want to tell all of you lovely people about it. And you know me, there will be a lot more lipstick reviews coming up soon.

So until next time lovelies xx



No comments:

Post a Comment