Wednesday 19 November 2014

Mid-week Mini Review 2

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't done a MWMR in a while, school life is manic and everything that comes with it is too making everything stressful. But I thought I would do a skincare review. This week however isn't a facial skincare review, but a body skincare review. As its getting to the wintery cold and dryer months, it means my skin really suffers. So when I get out of the shower or bath, I want to get straight into my pyjamas but before I can do that I always like to moisturise. Now I get very stressed about the moisturiser I use. It can't be too thick but it also needs to maintain the moisture and by this I mean soak into the skin and not leave a residue but moisturise (enough rambling there).

So when I found the Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Hydrating Lotion, I immediately fell in love...



I have had many variations of this moisturising body lotion but I think that this aloe vera one is my favourite. It has a really fresh scent perfect for early morning or late evening. This is just the best body lotion I think I have ever found. And whats best about it is the price. It is around £3 from Boots and Superdrug for 250ml which I think is a bargain. It is often on offer too which is always a good thing. And sometimes its cheaper to buy the larger 400ml size which I have used up many times.

My favourite thing about this is that it literally ticks all the criteria I need for a body lotion. It is the right consistency and you don't have to scoop it out of a tub or force it out of a tube. It also really moisturises your hands when applying it. Any excess left from applying it to your legs or wherever can be used on your hands as a hand cream substitute. I wouldn't apply this on my face but on everywhere else, it works wonders.

When applying it it can easily be applied without having to rub it in a lot and spending ages wafting around your room before your can put your pyjama bottoms on or whatever. I especially love to use it on a night out after shaving my legs as it makes them feel extra silky smooth and I feel very chic and sophisticated and just like a lady, especially when wearing heels!

But I just really think that this is a great product. Don't think that it can only be used in the winter months though. I use it all year round and sometimes change the smell of it depending on the season. It isn't one of those moisturisers which you then have to sweat off and goes all sticky in the summer. I love the absorption of this product and think that it would suit all skin types. It is especially good if you have run out of time and need a quick and easy body lotion. It absorbs really quickly but is by far the most moisturising and nourishing product out there I think. And at £3 its a steal not to buy it!

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment