Saturday 31 January 2015

My MAC Eyeshadow Quad

Hello everyone,

Sorry I didnt post last week. Instead I thought I would treat you to a double bill this weekend. I have two MAC palette reviews for you.

Today I've got for you a review of my MAC quad which I started back in the Summer. I have a lot of single MAC eyeshadows but wanted to create my own signature quad of shadows that I can use on a day to day basis for a daytime and nighttime look and that I can easily fit into my makeup bag. So here is my MAC quad...

TL-Omega, TR-Blackberry, BL-Shale, BR-Satin Taupe



Omega:
This is such a nice subtle, neutral shade. If I'm not really feeling wearing much eyeshadow, I will just sweep a little bit of this along the lid. It is subtle enough to wear on its own or can be used as a base to build up other colours. I love this caramel-like shade and think it can be worn all year round. It is a matte shade which means it is great to be worn on its own. I personally would say that if youre looking to get a really basic, neutral base shade, that Omega is what you should be picking up and going to the counter with.

Blackberry:
I love a purple/burgundy eye sometimes, but after me not being able to work well with MAC Cranberry because I end up looking like I've been in a fight, I looked for an alternative. This came in Blackberry. Cranberry is a shimmer shade whereas Blackberry is a matte. It is a plum coloured matte shade which a perfect crease colour. Its a great shade that can really transform your daytime look to a nighttime look. It is really easy to blend and looks great with a range of other shimmer eyeshadows, especially MAC Jest for a really cute and girly look.

Shale:
This shade I got for Christmas and I love it. It is a great wintery eye shade because of the blue undertones it has. It is a lovely shimmer shade that can be used in the crease or all over the eye for a more dramatic and nighttime look. This can also go well with Cranberry. It can be used with browns and greys which makes it a great eyeshadow to have because of its multi-purposeness. It is highly pigmented so a little goes a long with and sometimes fall-down leaves shimmer on my face but it's easily rectified with a bit more powder. This was a shade I wasnt sure about trying because I didnt know exactly if it was me but I am very happy that I put it on my Christmas list.

Satin Taupe:
This is a MAC classic. Anyone who owns MAC eyeshadows owns this shade and so I was very late to get it. This was the other eyeshadow which I got for Christmas. If you are looking to do a brown smokey eye look this is the perfect dark shade to blend into the crease and the outer corner of the eye. It has some shimmer in it but its highly pigmentation is great for a bold and dark eye which stands out so much more than when using other shades. It has a metallic look to it, like Shale, but don't let that put you off buying it and wearing it. It is a classic shade to own and I would recommend it to everyone!


This quad is something I would use on a day-to-day basis and I think you can get so many great daytime and nighttime looks out of it. It is cheaper to buy the palette and fill it with the eyeshadow refills than to buy them all separately. I also think they look nicer. With MAC eyeshadows, a little goes a long way and I don't think you need much so they will last a long time. Having a variety of different shades means the combinations of looks which you can make are great and whenever I wear MAC eyeshadows, especially this quad, I always get compliments from people saying how great the shades are.

So if you are looking to buy some eyeshadows I would recommend MAC entirely and they have such a wide variety that there really is something for everyone. 

Let me know if you have any MAC eyeshadows and if you would recommend any to me to try because I am always up for trying new products.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment