Saturday 17 January 2015

No7 Advent Calendar - Week 3

Hello everyone,

This week has been a really good week for the products in the advent calendar. I would possibly go as far as saying that it has been my favourite week so far! There has been such a great mix of a variety of products. Lets see what week 3 had to offer...


15th December: No7 Stay Perfect Amazing Eyes Pencil in Black


After getting the Stay Precise Felt Tip Liner I have wanted to use every eyeliner under the sun! So when I opened this up I was excited to add another eyeliner to my vast collection and to actually try and use it. I wore it to school that day without any eyeshadow on and I have to say that it disappointed me. I had to keep on checking in a mirror because it left black marks on top of my eyelids. Once I wore it with heavy eyeshadow (like gold) it didnt leave this mark. I think that it only really works for me when teamed with a bold eyeshadow look. I think pencil eyeliner has to be applied well for it to look good and I dont think I've quite mastered it yet but I will one day! It is also a really handy size to keep in a makeup bag and I dont think it needs sharpening all the time which is a really good thing.

16th December: No7 Essential Lip Brush


I have only just started to use lip brushes for my lips. Normally I would line the lips or use a good lip balm then apply the lipstick over the top normally but during the colder Winter months, I have been putting a layer of lipstick on using a lip brush. I think this maintains the staying power of the lipstick and helps to give a bolder look which I really like during this time of year. I have tried a variety of lip brushes and I have to say that I think they all do great jobs whether they are expensive or cheap. I wouldnt have gone out and bought this product on its own but because I have got it as part of this advent calendar, I am very grateful and have used it every day since getting it.

17th December: No7 Intense Volume Mascara in Black


As I said before when reviewing the other mini mascara from the advent calendar, I am fussy when choosing a mascara. Like the other one, this has a furry fibre-y wand which I am not particularly fond of. I found the formula of this mascara more liquidy than the other one and I dont think that it gives a lot of volume. I just think that it shows that you are wearing a thin layer of mascara. If you are wanting a minimal makeup look then I think this would be for you. It gives a bit of length but not much volume. I would say that the mini sizes of these mascaras are great to take away or to keep in a clutch bag on a night out, but I wouldnt go out and buy the full size product of this mascara or the other one if I'm being honest.

18th December: No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Cappuccino (top shade)


I have recently become a lover of a gold eyeshadow look. I think that they are a great Winter party or going out look if you want it to be bold or even something subtle for day-to-day wear. I have been using this ever since I got it as a base for very highly pigmented gold eyeshadow products. I think it would look good with any colour over the top as it is a shimmery base coat. The size of the product is also something which I find great - it doesnt take up too much room in my makeup bag or makeup drawer! I also think it would go well with the other eyeshadow which came from this calendar if you were looking to do a quick and easy eyeshadow look if you were in a rush. I dont know how much I would use it any other time of year but I am loving it at the moment and I'm sure it'll be used at some point in the Spring/Summer months. I would also recommend using it under the bottom lash line as a way of brightening the eyes and making you look more awake.

19th December: No7 Nail Effect in Disco Ball


Now when I opened this up, it was safe to say that I automatically began to feel slightly more festive. I love wearing darker shades in the winter and then putting a top coat which leaves an effect on top. I have used some before but because the formula is so thick it just goes opaque over the nail varnish but this one I would say is multi-purpose. You could wear this as a glitter nail varnish on its own or you could match it with another colour and use it as a great top coat. I wore this last night with Barry M's Vintage Violet and thought they were a great combination. I think it a great product to have either full size or travel size. I would easily use this all Christmas and would recommend it highly. Its safe to say I will be using this for the rest of the Winter months and maybe even in Spring too.

20th December: No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Hand Cream


I'm not particularly one for hand creams. I have tried a variety but I just think that they arent for me. As an Avon Rep I have tried a variety of Avon ones and I have also tried the Soap and Glory Hand Food. Dont get me wrong theyre not bad products, I just generally have soft hands which dont tend to crack or get dry so I am quite lucky. Because of this I dont tend to use hand creams; but I know someone who does! I dont want to get used to this hand cream which costs £10.50 for the full size product, especially when there are cheaper alternatives which work just as well. I tried it on the day that I got it and thought that it was good - it didnt leave a sticky residue on my hands, it made my hands feel soft, but this isnt something I would use much. It also doesnt have a distinct smell which is something that I tend to like in body products so I dont think its for me. Because of this I am either going to keep it in my makeup bag or give it to mum. Even if I dont intentionally end up giving it to her, I'm sure she'll find it and keep if for herself anyway.

21st December: No7 Stay Perfect Metallic Eye Pencil in Metallic Grey


As you now know, my eyeliner obsession is going out of control! I am a lip product addict at heart and always will be but I am starting to really get into eyeliner. I have a few sparkly metallic eyeliners but not one like this. It has a great eyeliner like the Supershock ones from Avon - it is a gel-like liner in pencil form. Also this eyeliner has a smudger on the end which is really nice to have. I guess you could use this as an eyeliner or part of an eyeshadow look. I have used this eyeliner with my bold gold eyeshadow look and because it is a silver colour, I think it really works well as a contrast. And of course who doesnt love a bit of silver in the festive season? I am excited about wearing this on Christmas Day with my green sequin dress. The only downside with this product is that it is very long and it is hard to fit in a makeup bag, but because it has a strong staying power, it is unlikely that you would need to keep reapplying it.

I'm really excited to see what I have left to open and I will be reviewing the last 4 things from this years advent calendar. 

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment