Sunday 26 July 2015

No7 Products - Review

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the fact that my blog is back up and running again, I certainly am! However I am not enjoying the fact that I am writing this sitting in bed and wearing jogging bottoms and a jumper. Excuse me summer, where have you gone?!

So over the past few months, the lovely people from Boots have sent me a few different products to try. As you know by now, I am a sucker to try products, especially if I have been sent them free aha. I happened to go into my local Boots store and got chatting to a woman on the No7 counter. I mentioned to her that Boots had sent me something and she went on to tell me that I was one of a certain amount of people over the whole of the UK that Boots had sent these products to. So in April, May and June, I received a different, full sized No7 product through my letterbox. Here is what I got...


So as some of you will remember, I got the No7 advent calendar for the Christmas period last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the products were mini sized and I wanted to try them full sized. Two out of the three items I was sent were full sized versions of what I got in the advent calendar.

April: Midnight Lash Mascara


As most of you know, I am fussy when it comes to mascaras. I used to only really like wands which were plastic. As I tried the mini mascara at Christmas, I wasn't too blown away by it. However, trying the full sized one has opened my eyes up to it a bit more, and hasten to say, I am really liking this product. It is great to use on its own with one application for a great natural daytime look but can be built up for a great evening look too. I think this mascara is also great when doing a smokey eye look as it enhances the lashes immensely! If you are looking to get a new mascara, I would definitely encourage you to try this out.

May: Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer


I have tried a variety of different primers from a number of different brands before. Before being sent this one, I was using the Rimmel one which I have to say I love a lot. I had not tried the No7 primer before and was really intrigued to try it out. When I used it the first time I loved it and have loved using it ever since. You only need a small blob to apply on ares of the face where the base may get eaten up easily and then apply the foundation or whatever you use over the top. I love that it has a flip top lid so you dont have to try and screw a lid on with product on the back of your hand. I alternate my use of this with the Rimmel primer. It is great to use a primer during the summer months where your makeup may not last as long as you had hoped or expected. It is a nice size also to fit in a makeup bag - so there are no excuses girls!!

June: Youthful Eye Serum


Many people my age often think that skincare isnt too important as our skin is young. However, it wont be young forever and the best thing we can do is to preserve our skin to keep it looking younger for longer. I absolutely love the No7 skincare range. I got a mini version of this serum at Christmas and could definitely see a difference in my skin, so when I was sent the full sized version I was thrilled. Serums are seen to be one of those things which older people tend to use, but I think you can't start too early using these products. As I said, we want to protect and care for our skin. The more time we spend in looking after our skin, the less time we will need to spend on putting on makeup to hiding lines and blemishes etc. I would encourage that you look into skincare if you haven't done so already. No7 is a great place to start and there are different products for all ages.

So thank you to Boots for sending me these in the post. I have loved receiving them and trying them out. On the Boots website at the moment there is an offer to buy the eye serum and the primer as a set, so if you want to do that click the link HERE.

I have some more blog posts coming soon on some more No7 skincare which I have loved and tried. Do you use any No7 skincare or have anything else that you rave about, if so let me know please! If you have any questions about these products or would like to know more, feel free to comment below.

So until next time lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment